Effective Date: January 1st, 2020
Thank you for visiting ironandresin.com, a general audience site. This website is operated by Iron & Resin ("Iron and Resin") (sometimes referred to herein as "we", "our", or "us").
Iron & Resin may change this Policy from time to time.
If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date above and, in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access our site or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you make a purchase or us; access and use our Site (including when you write a review); create an online account or profile; sign up for or participate in contests, promotions, sweepstakes, customer experience research, surveys, mailing lists, events, outings or trips; engage with us via social media platforms; and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, ZIP code, photos, videos, social media usernames, payment information, and other demographic information.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us or otherwise engage with us.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you access or use our Site or transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: When you purchase, rent or return a product, or register for events, outings, or trips, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Log and Usage Information: We obtain information about the device you use to access our Site and your use of our Site, including the type of browser you use, hardware model, operating system and app version, mobile network information, IP address, unique device identifiers, access times, pages viewed, items placed in your cart, links clicked, browsing behavior, and referring URL (the webpage you visited before navigating to our Services).
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below. We may also collect information about your approximate location each time you access our Site.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive information about you from other sources and combine or link that with information we have about you. For example:
- If you create an account or access our Site using credentials from a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook), we have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, email address, friends list and public profile information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that platform.
- We collect content you share publicly in connection with our products, services or campaigns, including photos, videos and profile information.
Information We Infer or Derive About You. We may use or combine personal information that you provide, that we collect automatically, or that we obtain from other sources to derive or infer additional personal information about you. For example, we may infer that you are looking to purchase new gear based on your website browsing behavior and past purchases, or we may use your IP address to estimate your general location.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Site and the other interactions we have with you. For example, we use the information we collect to:
- facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
- provide and deliver products and services, process transactions and returns, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- manage your accounts with us, host forums and interactive areas of our Site, provide technical support (including to debug and troubleshoot), and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Iron & Resin and others;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about Iron & Resin and partner products, services, offers, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, surveys and customer experience research, news, events, outings, and trips, and other information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage promotional communications, please see "Your Choices" below);
- comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- in connection with our Site, physical store and experiences;
- tailor the content and information that we send or display to you, offer location customization and personalized recommendations, help, and instructions, and otherwise personalize your experience while using our Services;
- provide advertising and marketing targeted toward your interests;
- process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and prizes;
- link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your preferences and provide you with personalized service; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and other Countries
We are based in the United States and process and store the information we collect in the U.S. If you are based outside the U.S., we transfer your personal information to, and process your personal information on, servers located in the U.S., a jurisdiction that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you outside of Iron & Resin as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- with service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as those that assist us with our business and internal operations like shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, gift cards, experiences, personalization, marketing, and advertising;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement or national security requirements;
- between and among Iron & Resin and any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- with your consent.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
The following section applies to individuals in the EEA.
Legal Basis for Processing. When we process your personal information, we will only do so when:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, for example to deliver products that you ordered from us.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information. For example, if you are a customer, we may process your personal information to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We find such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We have your consent to do so. When your consent is the legal basis for our processing, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
Data Retention. We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests. Individuals located in the EEA have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also update your online account information by logging into your online account.
Questions or Complaints. If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Your Account Information.
- Iron & Resin Account: You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your online account and updating your information. You may also email us at email@example.com if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Iron & Resin by following the instructions in those communications or changing your preferences via https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/unsubscribe?a=f2VuC9&g=mzLPTb. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases and account.
Location Information. The settings of your Internet browser or mobile device may allow you to stop sharing your precise location with Iron & Resin or others.
Mobile Push Notifications/SMS Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you reside in California, this section applies to you.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, professional and employment related information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, please see “Collection of Personal Information” above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Use of Personal Information” section above. We share personal information with the categories of third parties described in the “Sharing of Personal Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business and commercial purposes: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, professional and employment related information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. We do not sell personal information to third parties.
You have the right to request more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected and disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, deletion of your personal information, and that we stop selling your personal information, if we engage in that activity in the future. You may make these requests by submitting a request online or by contacting customer service. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information regarding a recent purchase. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please call our customer service representatives at 805-515-3353 or send an email message at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also direct your privacy-related comments or questions to the following address:
Iron & Resin
1783 E. Main St.
Ventura, CA 93001