Position: Café Manager
We are looking for a Cafe Manager to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Cafe Manager responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our cafe into a favorite local spot.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
- Hire and onboard new baristas
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and abide by all health codes.
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty
- Work experience as a Cafe Manager or Barista
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus