Iron & Resin VenturaAddress: 324 E. Main St.
Ventura, CA 93001 Phone: (805) 643-0737
Iron & Resin San FranciscoAddress: 7 Columbus Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94111 Phone: (415) 624-3288
Iron & Resin VeniceAddress: 1916 Lincoln Blvd.
Venice, CA 90291 Phone: (424) 744-8563
Modeled after the well-known “Boy’s Axe” of the US Forest Service, this beauty takes improved performance one step further. Like the Velvicut® Hudson Bay, the axe is pierced with a special punch forming ribs horizontally and vertically inside the eye. The unique upsetting technique creates more contact area and “bite” between the head to handle joint. The result? A stronger, more durable tool.
- 2.25# head will last a lifetime; guaranteed
- Forged using 5160 grade alloy steel. “Council” is displayed on one side of the head, and the other is proudly marked “USA“.
- Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1″ inch from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness. Final hardness Rc 52-56.
- 28″ handle (before assembly) is made of grade “A” American hickory and selected for grain orientation and density, making it strong. Mounted to head in the traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a round steel wedge for added security.
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship. A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.
- Premium leather sheath protects the tool and user and features a buckle for fastening, a belt slit and an embossed logo. Like its companion axe, the sheath is MADE IN USA.
Free Returns & ExchangesIf you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return it within 30 days and the return shipping is FREE. Excludes International Orders and items marked Final Sale.
Safe with UsOur website is 100% verified and all transaction and customer info is securely encrypted with the latest technology.
Have a Question?We have an awesome customer service team who lives and breathes this stuff. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Returns & Exchanges
You can return or exchange merchandise from your original order 30 days after the purchase date for FREE.
*For the Holiday season, returns and exchanges will be accepted up to 30 days after December 25th
*Excludes International Orders and items marked Final Sale.
When Will My Order Ship?
We ship everything from our Ventura Headquarters within 1-2 business days (excluding weekends).
Do You Ship Internationally?
We sure do. Please note that international orders take significantly longer for delivery and may be subject to import/value-added taxes that are beyond the control of Iron & Resin. Please read for more information.
How Do I Contact Someone in Customer Service?
Customer service hours are Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm PST. Please allow up to 1-2 days for someone to get back to you.
We can be reached by email here.
What Size Am I?
Iron & Resin fits true to size and consistent with most other clothing brands. Please see our size chart here.
Didn't See the Answer to Your Question?
See our FAQ Page continued HERE.