The original Mountain Light, introduced back in 1979, is believed by many to be greatest backpacking boot of all time. Danner boot makers build the new model to the exact same specs as the original, down to the color of the full-grain leather and the embossed Danner logo.
Ask a seasoned backpacker what the ideal hiking boot looks like, and youre bound to hear a description of the Mountain Light. Thats because for over 30 years, the Mountain Light set the standard for every new product that hit the market. And in all that time, nothing ever dethroned the original. Every single pair is built by hand in Portland, Oregon with full-grain leather, Vibram® Kletterlift outsoles, and waterproof GORE-TEX liners. The result is classic design that provides unmatched comfort and support.
• Made in the USA
• 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX®
• Full-grain, one-piece, all-leather upper
• Danner's hand crafted stitchdown construction
• Danner® Airthotic® a half- length, molded polyurethane instep
• Danner's 650 EE last offers a roomier fit without sacrificing support and stability
• We recommend sizing down a half size for the best fit
• Vibram® Kletterlift outsole
+- Read MoreLess