The Californio Hat
Offering the widest brim in our Iron & Resin x Salt Ranch collaboration, the Californio will give you the most shade in the sunniest of situations. This 4” brim will be hand-shaped for a slight turn up on both sides, complimented by a 4 1/2” teardrop crown. We finished the Californio off with a hand-cut and hand-tied harness leather hat band that’s been secured with blood-knot. The harness leather band has actually been “hot stuffed,” a process of using a blend of waxed, oils, and tallows to permeate the actual leather - this makes it a bit more supple and highly weather resistant.
THE SPECS + DETAILS
- Blood-knot band: this band is harness leather that is then "hot stuffed". A process of using a blend of waxes, oils and tallows to permeate the leather. Making it supple and highly weather resistant.
- Finished with a blood knot
- Hat made of guatemalan palm leaf
- Provides SPF 50
- Breathable yet durable
- Easily reshapable with cold water
- 4 1/2' teardrop crown height
- 4" brim with slight turn up on the sides
HAT SIZING GUIDE
Hat size is based on the circumference of the head. To find your most accurate hat size, you'll need to convert the circumference of your head to centimeters. In order to determine your proper hat size, that will be the first step. So, you must take a measurement of your head:
- Using a tape measure, measure your head about one-half inch above your eyebrows where your hat will rest. Be certain that the tape measure is straight, not twisted (alternatively, you can use piece of string to measure your head, and then measure the length of the string with a ruler).
- Pro tip step: don't pull the tape measure (or string) too tight or your hat will be too small
- Take the circumference of your measurement in centimeters and write it down
- Use the chart below to convert your circumference measurement to the corresponding hat size
- Take the measurements again! Remember: measure twice, cut once.
Our goods are meant to be worn in, not out. With the correct care, we want our customers to be able to treat their gear with the tough love it was intended to take. Take a look at our Wash & Care Guide to keep your goods performing for a lifetime.
We offer FREE economy shipping on all contiguous U.S. orders $99+. We also provide 30-day FREE exchanges on all domestic online orders. Please read our returns policy on our FAQ page for more details.
All sale items are final.