"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
There aren't many things better than the Fall riding season in California. Pair that with good friends, good music, and sleeping under the stars and you've pretty much found paradise.
On October 29-30, Iron & Resin will be hosting the fifth annual group ride & campout - The Hooligan Hoedown. Ride in and meet us there or join us for a group ride from The Garage (324 E. Main St.Ventura, CA 93001) on 10/29 at (Group ride time TBA) to the historic Pozo Saloon, a remote outpost pretty much in the middle of California. Whether you're headed south from San Francisco or north from Ventura, you'll find Pozo Saloon located about 30 miles east of San Luis Obispo, surrounded by the beautiful central California countryside. Pozo Saloon has been a San Luis Obispo County landmark since 1858. It is also one of the finest and most authentic examples of how the west used to be.
Group camping will be provided and we encourage all who are there to spend the night. A barbecue dinner will get things heated up as the bands start to take to the stage. This will be a night to remember with plenty of stories to share with those willing to make the trek. We'll be jamming to the tunes of (Bands to be announced soon!) and others all night long. So get your bike ready, grab your girl (or guy) and dust off your sleeping bag and head into the hills for a weekend to remember.
$45 per person (if registered by October 14th) - includes camping, music and barbecue dinner. $55 per person after the 14th.
The first 100 early bird RSVPs will receive a free event T-shirt!
Rules and other things to know:
• Dinner is included, but attendees are responsible for other meals. Pozo Saloon will be open for food prior to dinner, and the following morning to cure your hangover.
• This event is rain or shine. Tickets cannot be refunded.
• No outside alcohol is allowed. The bar will be open and serving libations to quench your thirst but you're unable to bring your own booze into the event.
• We'll take care of the fire at night, so please leave your firewood at home.
• All are welcome to this event - whether on two wheels or four
See all ya hooligans at the hoedown!!
- Pozo Saloon - 90 West Pozo Road, Santa Margarita, CA 93453 - View Map